Senior System Administrator (Linux)
Y-Tech LLC has an immediate need for a Senior System Administrator to work on-site in Suitland, Maryland. The successful candidate will possess the following requirements and certifications:
Required: BA/BS degree in IT related field
· Active TS SCI REQUIRED
· Minimum 7 years’ experience as Linux System Administrator.
· Experience and deep understanding of installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting current and legacy Linux OS, servers, and desktops (RPM-based), in enterprise environments.
· Thorough understanding of Active Directory principals, management and best practices.
· Security concepts including firewall configurations, server configurations, and desktop client applications.
· Experience with VMWare setup, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting.
· Enterprise Storage Systems, Fiber Channel Switching, NAS and NFS/CIFS, and Data Replication technologies.
· Understanding of basic and advanced networking concepts and protocols (IP addressing/subnet masks, DHCP, DNS, NTP, etc.) and network diagnostic tools (protocol analysis with tcpdump/Wireshark).
· Knowledge of Transport mechanisms including FTP, SSH/SCP, HTTP, SSL.
· Experience & proficiency installing, configuring, and maintaining FLEXnet Manager SW to manage multiple FLEXnet licenses.
· Ability to evaluate, test and deploy infrastructure hardware and software.
· Ability to provide technical support to clients and business units.
· Ability to provide installation, maintenance, and extensive troubleshooting of software systems.
· Ability to install and configure Operating Systems Software.
· Ability to install and configure Cluster Services to support highly available Databases.
· Ability to install and configure Automation and monitoring tools.
· Ability to interface extensively with Technology Services Teams, Application Teams and Business Units.
· CASP (within 120 days)
· VCP (within 120 days)
· Certs required per SECNAV M-5239.2