Y-TECH, LLC is looking for an experienced Sr. Desktop Engineers to support our team in Arlington, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active DoD Top Secret Clearance and have SCI eligibility.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop workstation configurations that consider the requirements of several unique business applications processing simultaneously on a particular workstation or group of workstations.
• Analyze and document a workstation’s present configuration, reconfigure the workstation to accommodate one or more additional business applications as specified by the application vendor, document the new configuration, prepare replication files and materials, and train PC technicians to replicate the configuration on specified workstations.
• Maintain configuration documents for every workstation device managed. • Provide direction of installs and instructions to PC Techs
• Assist in reviews of vendor proposals, RFPs and contracts for hardware/technical specifications. Review hardware locations for cable requirements. • Maintain testing system in setup area, completing administrative paperwork to maintain proper licensing of hardware and software.
• Plan, design and test vendor client server packages for new software, patches, and new releases, to insure application to workstations has the desired effect.
• DoD Top Secret Clearance w/ SCI eligibility
• 3 years' experience with Microsoft SCCM, task sequencing and Microsoft Distribution Points • 8570 IAT II certified / Security+, CCNA – Security, GSEC or higher • 1 year experience scripting with Powershell, Visual Basic Scripting and basic knowledge of C#
• Skills required include: analyzing, documenting, packaging, testing, and distributing business applications, workstation packages and utilities in accordance with DOD standards
• PC technology, PDA technology, printers, and other related devices and understanding of PC operations standards and procedures • Management Information Systems, or other related field.
• Experience working in a DoD environment • ITSM in an operations support environment