Yahya Technologies, LLC (Y-Tech), has an immediate opening for a Senior Proposal Manager who will lead, organize and execute proposal activity for strategic opportunities. The position provides an opportunity to develop solutions that allow our customers to carry out critical defense, national security and intelligence operations.
The Senior Proposal Manager plays a central role in our business’ Proposals organization, development and delivery. This individual will participate in defining repeatable proposal processes, structures and formats along with defining win strategies, competitive analysis, requirement matrices and proposal presentations.
This position reports to the Executive VP of Business Development.The Senior Proposal Manager will guide the proposal team on repeatable pre-proposal and proposal methodologies in order to realize efficiencies in time and cost in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Proposal Manager will instruct others on developing proposal outlines, and schedules and will establish related standards for the company. The Senior Proposal Manager will review and develop win themes and edit and write portions of the proposal.
In addition he/she will manage the activities of the Proposal Coordinator and Desktop Publishing Specialist, who are responsible for proposal coordination, assembly, and scheduling/managing administrative functions in support of the production of assigned proposals.
• Organizes, leads, oversees, directs and executes proposal activities
• Works with Business Development (BD) and Profit/Loss personnel to develop and deliver winning proposals in a cost-effective manner.
• Hands-on proposal manager and direct contributor for selected proposals.
• Accountable to the capture manager and EVP-Business Development for developing and delivering winning proposals in a rolling, fast-paced business environment.
• Plans, organizes and executes proposal development activities, before and after RFP release. (Must be able to manage and contribute to technical, management, past performance and cost volumes).
• Supports Request for Information (RFI) responses, oral proposals, questions and answers to RFPs, proposals and final proposal revisions (FPRs).
• Leverages past experience to develop/mature proposal win strategies, win themes, key messages and ghosting opportunities/statements with Business Development and Profit/Loss leadership.
• Analyzes RFPs and oversees/approves development of proposal outlines.
• Assigns proposal authors and holds them accountable for work products; assigns actions and tracks completion.
• Writes selected proposal sections; reviews and performs technical editing of work products from others.
• Prepares for and supports color team and peer reviews.
• Manages and works with subcontractor proposal contributors as well as color review team participants.
• Ensures compliance with proposal processes, templates, checklists, standard write-ups, tools, best practices and proposal repository instructions/guidance.
• Serves as member of color team/peer review teams and overall color team review lead, as required.
• Manages and deploys proposal consultants, as needed
Candidates must show a passion for the profession and a sophisticated understanding of government Proposal development. The Senior Proposal Manager position requires either a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Business with a minimum of seven years of directly related experience, management experience or demonstrated effectiveness to meet the Senior Managerial expectations.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
• Extensive experience leading large, complex and competitive bids.
• Extensive experience with all aspects of business/proposal development methods (Shipley etc.)
o Overall proposal development plan & timeline.
o Win strategy/theme/key message creation.
o Storyboard/mock-up creation.
o RFP analysis/decomposition.
o Proposal writing (developing content for technical/management/cost).
o Graphics/art development.
o Color team & peer reviews.
o Technical editing/proofreading.
o Proposal production.
• Experience developing and managing winning proposals for DoD/National Security/Intelligence over a five-to-ten year period.
• Experience with proposal executive summaries, technical volumes, management volumes, past performance volumes, oral proposals/presentations and cost volumes.
• Understanding of bid and proposal costs and budgeting.
• Ability/willingness to perform business travel throughout the year for moderate periods of business travel (3-6 days) for proposal activity with Subject Matter Experts.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word), SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat.
• Eligible for TS/SCI to access highly classified information.
• 10+ years of experience leading teams working from dispersed locations; exceptional and proven leadership skills.
• 10+ years of experience developing winning proposals for United States National Security, United States Defense and/or United States Intelligence Community (IC) missions.
• Master’s degree in a technical discipline, i.e., engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, etc. (Highly Desired).
• Currently holds TS clearance and maintains eligibility to access highly classified information (Highly Desired).
• Experience in multi-business unit, multi-division and/or multi-company proposal collaboration (Highly Desired).
• Program management or profit/loss experience in the Defense or Intelligence sectors (Desired);
• Business development experience in the Defense or Intelligence sectors (Desired).
• Business development, capture management, and/or proposal management experience directly with US operations in foreign countries (Desired).
• Experience in non-traditional business models and associated business development practices (Desired)
• Excellent written, oral communication, planning and organization skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail skills; proven task- and action-oriented performer.
• Knowledge of federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFARS)
• Participated in Bid/No bid Decision Process
• Utilized and understands Program Capture Plans
• Association of Proposal Management Professional (APMP) Certification